Master of Education in Distance Education (MEd)
Graduate Diploma in Instructional Design (GDID)
Graduate Diploma in Distance Education Technology (GDDET)
Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design (GCID)
Graduate Certificate in Technology-Based Learning (GCTBL)
Please email your completed questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the deadline of:
February 15th, June 15th, or October 15th
Program of Application: Master of Education in in Open, Digital and Distance Education
Degrees: (Name, Granting Institution) Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, Zarqa University
1. What are your primary reasons for applying to the program? What do you want to achieve through completion of the program?
• Gaining professional skills, undergo personal development, and the valuable connections I’ll make with fellow graduate students, academics and industry experts. I also see the graduate study in this program as an investment in my future in a world that’s moving completely towards digital learning. I am looking to master my skills and knowledge in an open, digital and distance education field, and thereby gain confidence in abilities in this rapidly expanding field. Combining my expertise and interests I hope to develop accessible tools to support the knowledge translation and uptake of evidence to professionals and policy makers.
2. Do you have any particular areas of interest within distance education? If so, please describe them.
• My interest is in designing educational and training programs, as well as implementing, evaluating and managing them, for both governmental and not-for-profit organization.
3. What are your personal and professional aspirations? Are you currently working in the field of education?
• My time in undergraduate schooling has taught me that I love to learn, the thing that I have learnt over the past four years is what gives me a sense of fulfilment. Deciding on a career has not been a straightforward process for me. But the self-knowledge I have gained over the last four years makes it clear to me that continue my education in distance education is the right choice, specially that I completed a full academic year during COVID-19 in remote education. The Bachelor of Arts in English Literature has given me a deeper understanding of the world and my place in it, but understanding is not enough. I want to improve the systems that directly effect people’s daily lives, specifically through work in designing educational and training programs. I’m currently working at a health institution in Ontario that’s working on designing and evaluating online mental health training programs by adding technology-based, online and mobile learning tools. My current work has helped to broaden my awareness of the importance of distance learning and how to use it as an effective tool in education. This job certainly taught me a great deal, provided growth opportunities and importantly, exposed me to Knowledge Translation.
4. What particular skills, resources, and experiences do you have that will facilitate your completion of the degree?
• Communication and interpersonal skills,
the interest in supporting the uptake of evidence through knowledge translation and Knowledge mobilization,
understand the importance of time and stress management to handle several assignments with conflicting deadlines simultaneously.
I also regularly access and manage up-to-date professional development. My capacity to be flexible, adaptable and forward-thinking
5. The ability to communicate effectively in online forums, synchronous meetings, and in scholarly writing is key to success in graduate school. For many students, these are new skills that they will develop during their programs. What support or development do you feel would help you, if needed, advance your online communication and academic/scholarly writing skills?
Acquire a solid understanding of macro-level composition skills such as: essay structure, paragraph structure, coherence,
ability to write for an academic audience
6. Are there any additional comments that you would like to make?
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through PayPal. These are safe, secure, and efficient online payment methods.